Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Skinnytaste = my new favorite website

You guys, I’m in love with this website: www.skinnytaste.com

In my eternal goal to lose weight and eat healthier, I stumbled upon this website and have been hooked ever since. It’s the first food website that consistently has DELICIOUS food that you would never guess is healthy for you.

My personal favorites:


Cajun Chicken Pasta
– the Cajun seasoning is phenomenal, and you don’t even taste the difference from using cream cheese. All the summer veggies used make it a colorful medley of food and it’s perfect for dinner. I even have my mother hooked on this! 



Grilled Chicken Bruschetta – omg, I just want to sop up every last bit of this sauce. So bright and fresh, perfect for a summer meal. Plus it took just minutes to make!

Lentil and Chicken Soup
– You know how they’re always telling us to eat more legumes and lean protein to stay full? Yeah, usually I tune that out as well. Luckily I found this recipe and let me tell you, I think these experts are onto something. This is one of the easiest soups I’ve ever made, and is starting to have a cult following with family. My sister called me recently to ask for the recipe, since her in-laws couldn’t stop raving about it! Perfect for the winter, or as a quick lunch meal for the work week.

Southwestern Black Bean Salad
– I have a weird aversion to salads that I’m trying to overcome, so this salad was a happy compromise. I used frozen roasted corn from Trader Joe’s and added grilled chicken breast to make this a full meal. Yum! 


I know I haven’t had a chance to update this blog in a while. I’ve been still cooking, but so many of my recipes come from this website that I don’t feel right taking ownership. But! Stay tuned, I have some blog ideas coming that I think you’ll like.

Some other updates:


  • I purchased a mandolin and this funky manual food chopper from Pampered Chef and I am now a changed woman. My food comes out so much more uniform and beautiful, the OCD in me loves it. 
  • My friends and I are eating our way through New York City next weekend, and on the agenda is a fabulous dinner at Blue Ribbon Brassiere and an afternoon at Dylan's Candy Bar. :)
  • I’m going on The Great Boston Cupcake Crawl in August and can’t wait to blog about it!
xoxox
Nil

No comments:

Post a Comment